Table of Contents
- 1 How to use a kneaded eraser for best results?
- 1.1 Can a kneaded eraser dry out?
- 1.2 Do kneaded erasers last forever?
- 1.3 Why is better or worst from vinyl erasers?
- 1.4 How do you clean a kneaded eraser?
- 1.5 What is a kneaded eraser used for in art?
- 1.6 Faber-Castell Erasers - Drawing Art kneaded Erasers, Large size Grey - 4 Pack
- 1.7 Faber-Castell 127220 Kneaded Eraser with Case, Grey
- 1.8 Prismacolor Premier Kneaded, ArtGum and Plastic Erasers, 3 Pack
- 1.9 June Gold Kneaded Rubber Erasers (6 Pack) - Blend, Shade, Smooth, Correct, and Brighten Your Sketches and Drawings
- 1.10 Bellofy 12 Kneaded Erasers for Drawing, Charcoal, Pastels - Art Gum, Moldable Putty Rubber, No Smudge Eraser, Perfect Choice for Artists Rubber Erasers, Art and Sketching Supplies
How to use a kneaded eraser for best results?
A kneaded eraser is a tool that every artist should have, eraser which is very different from your traditional eraser. Used by graphite artist and charcoal artists.
If you are first time user you will notice that it is pliable just like putty, and this is actually very handy.
Because you can use the kneaded eraser for a large area or for detailed work. Simply mold your shape for the desired area and voila. You have a precise art tool for erasing.
Kneaded erasers are absorbing and collecting up the graphite very easy and efficient.But they are not used the same way, technique of “scrubbing” you can forget with this eraser. It is possible but with light moves on the drawing.
Can a kneaded eraser dry out?
No, there is no moisture inside of it. If you have a feeling that is dried you just kneaded it until becomes soft again.
Do kneaded erasers last forever?
The cool thing is that kneaded eraser can last for years with good care, you will probably lose it somewhere before you destroy it. It is a handy artist tool.
Why is better or worst from vinyl erasers?
With vinyl erasers, you have piles of eraser residue, and that can get on the way during drawing. Smudging your drawing, and sometimes it is hard to recover drawing.
Kneaded eraser doesn’t leave any residue, and that makes your workspace nice and tidy.
It is no so expandable like a vinyl eraser, it will last for years if you keep them safe.
How do you clean a kneaded eraser?
You don’t clean it, you just knead your eraser after use and you are ready to go again. Once you are done with work keep it in a plastic box, just to protect it from dirtiness. Don’t use an eraser if you have wet hands or some kinds of oils, hand creams on your hands. It will ruin your eraser, and it will not be usable anymore. If you do that by mistake you can throw away that eraser, you can’t recover it.
If you use this eraser it will be leaving spots and a lot of frustration.
Also, don’t use them around the food, they can pick easily everything.
What is a kneaded eraser used for in art?
- Details – It is used for details correcting, and reason for this is because they are shapable. You can transform your eraser into a tear and work with a tip on your drawing. For example around the eyes. Or flat for line highlights, it is on you and your needs.
- Highlighting – Every drawing that we create needs highlighting to punch those details and contrast out, and kneaded eraser is great with that. Highlighting is a process which comes when we are far away with our drawing. So it is important to have clean paper, with a vinyl eraser that is not possible.
- Molding sculptures – yes this sounds funny but it is real, many people use kneaded eraser as a clay. Check our Pinterest board with some sculptures.
Faber-Castell Erasers - Drawing Art kneaded Erasers, Large size Grey - 4 Pack
$9.95 in stock
- Art Eraser Kneaded : Sold in Pack of 4 Kneaded Eraser pack - Grey Color
- Faber castell kneadable eraser - The perfect drawing eraser choice for artists, sketch pencils, drawing supplies
- For correcting and lightening charcoal, pencil and pastel work. For cleaning slides and final drawing touch up
- An eraser that is extremely kneadable and absorbent. A must have tools for drawing and artist works.
- Size : Large. These putty eraser comes with storage plastic case for easy storage after use
Faber-Castell 127220 Kneaded Eraser with Case, Grey
|Catalog Number List||10003496; 15172625031|
|EAN List||0793518908608; 9556089720182; 9556089009225|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 59; Length: 193; Weight: 4; Width: 193|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 20; Length: 270; Weight: 4; Width: 180|
|Product Type Name||ART_AND_CRAFT_SUPPLY|
|Title||Faber-Castell 127220 Kneaded Eraser with Case, Grey|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 793518908608|
Prismacolor Premier Kneaded, ArtGum and Plastic Erasers, 3 Pack
- Three premium erasers to help you tackle any erasing task: a kneaded rubber, an ArtGum and latex-free-plastic eraser
- Kneaded rubber eraser molds easily into the size and space of what you're erasing
- ArtGum eraser is designed to clean up dry media and absorb graphite
- Plastic eraser is latex-free and erases with less mess
- The perfect eraser assortment for every type of artist
June Gold Kneaded Rubber Erasers (6 Pack) - Blend, Shade, Smooth, Correct, and Brighten Your Sketches and Drawings
- 6 Pack of Kneaded Rubber Erasers
- Absorbent Material Erases and/or Lightens Charcoal, Pastel, Highlighting, Chalk, Colored Pencils and Graphite
- Helps to Blend, Shade, Smooth, Correct, and Brighten your Sketches and Drawings
- Easily Clean by Gently Kneading Eraser Between Fingers
- Each Eraser is 4 x 3 x 0.5 cm But Will Mold to Any Shape Leaving No Rubber Residue
Bellofy 12 Kneaded Erasers for Drawing, Charcoal, Pastels - Art Gum, Moldable Putty Rubber, No Smudge Eraser, Perfect Choice for Artists Rubber Erasers, Art and Sketching Supplies
out of stock
2 used from $ 8.39
- CLEAN LINES, BEAUTIFUL FINISH - Kneaded erasers are ideal for professional artists who to control drawing "lighting" by cleaning up and correcting excess smudges or lines.
- KNEADABLE, ABSORBENT DESIGN - Crafted with an ecofriendly putty, these rubber erasers can be pinched, twisted and formed to fit your specific medium or drawing.
- MULTIPURPOSE MEDIUM USE - These small erasers work with a wide range of the most popular artistry mediums for all-purpose use, including pencil, charcoal, and pastel.
- PREMIUM BULK PACKAGE - This large kneaded eraser pack comes with 12 total erasers crafted specifically for artists who need proper support while drawing and sketching.
- SUPERIOR PACK RELIABILITY - Every kneaded eraser pack from Bellofy is backed by a 30-day money back guarantee to ensure true quality assurance you can rely on.